- To report a street light out, Open Public Service Request app on your phone or desktop
- In the What section, type into the search “outage” then select Street-Light-outage
- Use the Where section to locate where the problem is
- If there is a number on the post or wire, add it in the description section
- Hit submit – add your email if you want (that way you can track what happens)
The importance of reporting street lights that are defective, obscured or damaged?
We all walk pass, drive by or even read by street lights without giving them a second glance.
But they are actually essential to our city and suburban areas.
Personal security relies on street lights working all night for example.
Many times folks have been walking home from a party or the local eatery only to feel insecure when coming across a darkened section of the street due to either inadequate or broken street lighting.
Did you know that pedestrians are 75% more vulnerable to being hit by passing vehicles when street lighting is inadequate.
So how can we report street light defects? What should I do if I see a street light out?
Report quickly when you are at the street light in question, or make a note of exactly where it is, then report it!
The easiest way is to follow the steps above using the PSR app from any device with a browser, or
Thousands of Service Requests are made regularly using our PSR system for reporting or requesting anything, not just street lights that are defective or inadequate.
Use it from your browser by clicking the green “Make your Request” button on any of these pages.