Our hearts go out to the victims of the Grenfell Tower disaster.
Even in the 21st century it seems that we still suffer calamities like this.
Can they be avoided?
It is alleged that the locals living in, or connected to, Grenfell tower reported dangerous aspects of the building even years before this awful event unfolded.
Were those reports heeded? It seems that perhaps they were not.
Is there a real independent paper trail in existence showing:
- the reports
- who initiated them
- when they were made
- who saw them and
- when they were acknowledged as reports
- and the cataloging of every action taken since the report was made?
If an independent third party were in receipt of those requests for serious attention, a sort of “middle man” as it were, they would have an indisputable paper trail of the requests made, who read them and when, who accepted responsibility for acknowledging them and what, if anything, was done about them.
PSR (Public Service Request) is exactly that; a clearinghouse for receiving reports and requests from anyone, logs all the information about the request, sends that request to the person or people responsible for that type of request or report in that location. PSR then tracks the ensuing procedure through to completion.
If someone does not do their job properly then it will be visible (even for a court of law) who that responsible person is, and when and how they failed.
Using PSR is very very simple
How to use PSR to report a hazard
- Click Create a new SR (service request).
- Click the “Select” button next to “What?” Search for or select from the list of hundreds of services and find the one that matches your request or report. Click next.
- Click the “Define” button next to “Where?” and use the tools to place (drag n drop) the pointer on the exact location of the issue in the Google map. (it’s really easy to use).
- If you wish to send images, click on the “Add” button next to “Images / PDF” and use your phone’s camera or select an image to add (you can attach as many as you like).
- If you wish to explain what your request is, then click “Describe” next to “Info.”
- Then click the “You can send your request now” button.
To receive updates concerning your request (tracking it) add your email address. PSR will keep your request anonymous unless you specify otherwise.